View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 11:26 PM   #77
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmalaki View Post
In most instances I would agree with you on the talent disparity level, but not in the case of Shaq.
Can't hold the teams Shaq faced in the finals as a mark against him. You're only responsible to play in your own era. And the simple fact is that once Shaq learned the league (post Hakeem taking baby Shaq to his knee)...he dominated all comers.

I know the West that Magic's Lakers dominated wasn't so strong in the 80's...it was clearly the Lakers and everybody else. Bird's Celts did get some competition from some stout Sixers and Bucks teams...but still not to the same level of overall talent of that of his Celtics.

Simply put, Magic and Bird never won a championship with less than 2 other Hall of Famers alongside them. So at the very least, you MUST admit that played a huge role in them being such "winners". The same simply cannot be said for Shaq.

Either way, I would still choose Shaq in a second over Bird or Magic. On principle alone.

Win it with Bigs.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"

Last edited by sike; 06-23-2011 at 11:26 PM.
sike is offline   Reply With Quote