View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #55
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
I think if any thinks that it's a good thing to let the government decide whether one's religious beliefs are suitable for parenting because this might prevent some bad things from happening hasn't thought adequately about what bad things might happen if the government gets to decide whether one's religious beliefs are suitable for parenting.

^^^^And that's an entirely sensible sentence.
That's a very good point.

At the same time, however, there was a story on CNN about an 8 year old girl who was forced into marriage with a 30+ year old man, and that made me want to vomit. I would like to think that someone, somewhere, would be able to help in that situation, regardless of religious beliefs. I do believe in a natural law that is unchanging, so for me, it is not impossible for a government to have laws which are inherently correct.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote