View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 11:36 AM   #18
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien
Well it appears Denver is going for a more offensively oriented approach and after letting Elson go to the Spurs, they are in need of a young, relatively cheap and tough-nosed center who can handle a lot of minutes. Camby is neither of those and after coming off a pretty impressive statistical season, this would appear to be the opportune moment to trade the 32 year old center.

After looking at salaries I don't know how we could include KVH in place of Croshere though, assuming that Denver would not be willing to pay KVH anywhere near what Croshere is getting. But I would be fine with letting Croshere go if it meant bringing in Camby.

This may even mean bringing Keith back under a cheap contract which I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to, but I wouldn't be crazy about either. I'd much rather just say our goobies and part ways to allow our more athletic and defensive oriented developing big men take those minutes.
Possibly.

But if I were Denver, I'd be talking Diop, KVH (1 year SNT), and Croshere for Camby/Najera.

Dallas might pull the trigger, but they would be getting a solution at C, and removing two contracts. Denver might be overpaying KVH for a year, but it would remove the 3 left for Eddie, and get them more insurance for the inevitable Martin/Francis trade coming soon.
If they could sign Evans to a descent paycheck, they would be fairly set on their frontline with Diop/Nene/Evans/Croshere/KVH -- and two of them expiring. Dallas might have to include PPod as well.

Dallas might do it because Eddie is a defensive hustler and Camby would solidify the C position giving them more offense from that position.

I would guess that Dallas would get their #1 back as well, maybe more.

Francis / Boykins
Miller / Smith / Hodge
Anthony / Patterson / KVH
Evans / Croshere
Nene / Diop

They would be fairly solid.
-------------------------------
Terry / Harris
Bucknor / Stack
Howard / Marshall
Nowitzki / Najera / Powell
Camby / Damp / DJ

Camby would float between 4/5. Stack float 2/3. Terry float 1/2.
This team looks like for the top 8 it would have more offense, and just as good or better of defense as this last year.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote