View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 11:04 AM   #100
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus1234 View Post
It's a vicious circle. Less traffic leads to even less traffic.

This is how I've lost interest. Simply not enough traffic.

New people were not allowed to open threads, older users insulted them as trolls, downgraded their reputation. This whole Up/downgrade option created a very unhealthy atmosphere here. Often it felt almost like stalking. Overall some users took this whole thing here way too seriously. Instead of talking basketball and having fun, people argued with each other, insulted each other and tried to be the smartest guy in the room.

dallas-mavs.com has great potential, but it needs some "culture" changes. It should be more fun again. With more freedom (A board with 95% GDT and PGT is boring) and respect, esp. for younger users. But it's probably too late.

DB board

dallas-mavs

You are right.. I can remember the past few years people would jump all over a newer poster when they posted a new thread when the reality is that the board was becoming a bit stagnant and absolutely needed it...

But, I think the play on the court is the ultimate reason why there's not as much posting anymore. Despite constant changes, the Mavs have consistently managed to be pretty good.. Good enough to be into the playoffs but usually not much of a threat to advance out of the first round. And, there hasn't been a lot of hope that they'll be anything other than pretty good. The Mavs obviously missed the boat with decision making after the Finals. back in '11. The fan base is now pretty stagnant. It's just a shame that this forum won't be here throughout the end of Dirk's career.

And yeah, obviously places such as Twitter had an impact.. but the site was down quite a bit long before Twitter had a major impact on it..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote