View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 03:51 PM   #90
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Here's the biggest problems with Dak... it's not that he throws behind a receiver a time or two...or one sail's 10 feet over their head for whatever reason.. it's this:

1. Every game, he leaves plans on the field. He frequently misses guys running open especially on intermediate to deeper routes. He doesn't see the field well.
2. Despite having good speed, he's not moving well in the pocket in part because of poor footwork. Plus, he frequently moves in to pressure or bails out of the pocket when there's no need.
3. He's scared to throw into coverage. He usually only throws to a WR if they're "college" open. What do I mean by that? Well, if they have a step on coverage, he'll make the throw. To be a good NFL QB, you have to be able to make throws when the WR doesn't have a full step. Dak isn't particularly accurate so he isn't willing to do this. Perhaps that's a good thing for him because of his lack of accuracy. If it is a good thing, then that tells you all you need to know...it would tell you that he's not a starting caliber NFL QB.
#3 for me is where I keep coming back to with Dak. He throws to an open wr, he can't throw open a wr with timing or simply won't risk it with his accuracy issues you point out.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote