View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 02:10 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Wow, 52 seems very, very high.
I definitely agree.. Love Beltre but I'd have a hard time putting him that high. The reality was that he was only a good player throughout most of his career. Yes, he had a great 7 year stretch towards the end of his career.. I love Beltre. His WAR is extremely high.. this is obviously what gets him high on the list. However, he was rarely one of the best 2-3 players in the game at any point in his career. His greatness in large part is his long career. He played at a high level for 20 years. I guess it depends on what you value. A greater peak or more consistency over a long period of time..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote