View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 01:26 AM   #50
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I've been perusing the draft sites lately to get a feel for some of these players. What I am really dismayed by is that every player seems to be a stud athlete with a great vertical, great shooting touch, great this or great that. Well, we all know that only a few kids from this draft will make an impact and only a few more will be solid contributors. Everybody else will suck. I was looking at White and he was listed at 6'7 1/2. Of course that is with shoes ON. That means he really is only between 6'5" and 6'6". That means he is a guard and not a small forward. I just don't know what to believe when I read these writeups.

As weak as this draft supposedly is I wouldn't be crushed if the Mavs just skipped out altogether if they can't get the player they really want. I am hoping that they can draft a kid that can come in and contribute right away as a guard or small forward. I really hope that the Mavs can get one of those fearless types who is willing to dunk the ball in traffic over anybody. I really don't care for the three point shooting that so many people think is essential. If a guard can knock down that 18 footer consistently and be able to slash then I'd be happy. That is if they can play tough defense. I am beginning to think a guy like Tucker might be a guy the Mavs need to seriously consider. What do you guys think?
GP is offline   Reply With Quote