View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #8
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Quick question: Will the Rockets be playing zone when Howard and Asik on the floor tonight?

If not, who is guarding Dirk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie E View Post
Josh McRoberts had a career game versus Houston so i doubt Houston plays those 2 very much together..
Looks like Harden and Beverly missed practice Thursday due to injury and Terrence Jones is continuing to have shoulder issues. I bet we'll see some zone out of them but I'd question whether we'll see Asik and Howard together on the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie E View Post
I would not expect Wright to play much against a team similar to Houston becuase he is not a good defender or a good rebounder. Blair is undersized but he is rugged and tough..
Disagree entirely. No one on this team is going to be able to cleanly defend Howard inside. You put him on the line, and we've got enough fouls combined on the floor to get inside his head and slow down the pace of the game if needed. I see Wright blossoming into the key second unit scorer this season. Once he's back, I'm betting we'll see a career year from him. His numbers last year are depressed from limited minutes in the first half of the season. He was key after the all star break in getting us to .500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Maybe they put Parsons on Dirk and Asik/Howard on Marion? In preseason it was Howard if i remember it correctly.

We will see...
To be honest, it really doesn't matter who they put on Dirk just like it doesn't matter who we put on Howard. Neither team has a defensive answer for the others big. The difference is if you put Dirk on the line, he'll still put up points...