View Single Post
Old 12-01-2003, 05:09 PM   #57
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Fortson suspended 3 games

ape - I will definitely agree on this point that you make. Why did Cuban have to turn his response into a bitch session about everything else that's wrong with the league? It's almost like he was saying, "I know my guy broke your guy's wrist, but let's talk about bigger issues." And then he had to turn it into how the Mavs are getting screwed (how does taking a charge injure Dirk's ankle? That makes no sense. Also, what does the Olympics have to do with anything?). I hate that kind of crap.

Fact is, our guys stand in and take 'weakside charges' just like everybody else. That's perhaps Eddie Najera's best attribute. Every guy on the team tries to do it during the course of a game. To complain that it should be illegal is a bit hypocritical, unless the Mavs are going to instruct their players not to attempt to take those types of charges because they are such a "dangerous play." Otherwise Cuban is just saying, "Change the rule because it's dangerous, but until then we're going to take advantage of the rule, injuries be damned."

I guess what I'm saying is, I can kind of see why you might be pissed at Cuban.