View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 03:21 PM   #113
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10AMGareDuNord View Post
I think it amusing how Parsons gets thrown under the bus around here, while Matthews seems to have carte blanche to consistently *kill* our offense on a nightly basis. I get it. He's got a great attitude and plays good, but not spectacular D (though his rebounding isn't impressive). However, his inability to hit the open 3 (his only offensive skill, especially now that he can't really post-up), really cripples our offense. The man has no lift and limps running the floor. That contract really is going to look bad as I don't see him changing much in the future.
I don't think his contract is going to be that big of an issue with the cap about to skyrocket (mainly because he'll still be tradable to bottom feeders trying to stay within the minimum 90% of their cap as it balloons), but Wes definitely isn't looking like a guy who can start for a contender anymore... Maybe he needs to sit out and continue to heal, but I'm starting to get the impression that his injury has permanently grounded the lift in his shot... And, like you said, his defense hasn't been good enough to make up for the decline in his offense, so what's he really bringing to the table?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote