View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 04:08 PM   #115
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10AMGareDuNord View Post
I think it amusing how Parsons gets thrown under the bus around here, while Matthews seems to have carte blanche to consistently *kill* our offense on a nightly basis. I get it. He's got a great attitude and plays good, but not spectacular D (though his rebounding isn't impressive). However, his inability to hit the open 3 (his only offensive skill, especially now that he can't really post-up), really cripples our offense. The man has no lift and limps running the floor. That contract really is going to look bad as I don't see him changing much in the future.

CP, however, looks to be recovering well. He is not, and will never be, a number one option. But he can be Hayward-esque. A 20/5/5 guy and number 2 option on a contending team. He just needs the ball in his hands. He's a creator...not a spot-up shooter. It's tough in RC's system because Deron, and JJB especially, do so much ball-pounding.

I am most def. irritated with Matthews' play and I think he just tries too hard at time. He is a little out of his element especially when it comes to handling the ball or creating anything.

The difference is he and Parsons were brought in under different expectations. The last 5 game Parsons has been GREAT and has shown why we had high expectations. BUT to me its fools gold and there is no way he will carry this team. Thats why I think we should trade him now...IF we can get a deal that improves the team.

As for Matthews ..we just gave him that contract and he has been terrible. I just think he needs to get back to what he does and thats open 3's and spot up shooting with some good D. He is the ultimate role player and can be a great ft here ...BUT he is not star and thats what he has been pushing himself to be with this new contract.