View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 09:20 AM   #5
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I generally do not like this. To me, this is the NBA trying to force legislation though revenue/money. The NBA should worry about basketball. Just like actors should worry about acting. The last thing I want to hear from actor receiving an award ( that's a separate topic ) is when they step up to the mic and go on some rant.
I tend to disagree. Not to get too political, but in a system where the politicians are beholden to lobbyists and interests other than those of the people they supposedly represent why shouldn't businesses and private citizens with a platform use that platform to speak about issues dear to them? I think it's important for influential people to have their two cents (especially when they make a lot of sense).