Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 11:34 AM   #145
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I'm personally not seeing it with Poku. I do understand the Davis Bertans comparisons, but his frame is the furthest thing from NBA-ready. He's one of those "two years away from being two years away" guys IMO. But, like you said, I could see a team taking him second half of the first round and stashing him.
Poku has Boston written all over him.
Boston would be foolish not to take him at 26 or 30 and we would be foolish not to take him at 31 if he is still on the board.

He'd be a great pick for us with KP's injury issues and would provide some insurance. He's also a perfect fit and a Donnie type of pick. #18 is probably too high but could even see us trading back and adding a pick if he is our guy.

I think he has the highest potential of anyone outside the lotto and could eventually be a top 5 player out of this draft. Seven footers with his skills are extremely rare to the point of non-existence. Biggest question for him is whether he can stay healthy with that frame.

Last edited by rimrocker; 09-04-2020 at 11:37 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote