Thread: Hmmmmmm...Fishy
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 03:57 PM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:Hmmmmmm...Fishy

For what it is worth, the article states that Jack Oliver is Bush's "Fundraising Chief ", which is actually incorrect. He is a major fundraiser, I think deputy finance chair either of Bush 2000 or Bush Cheney 2004, but he is not the "Chief Fundraiser". Not going to bore anybody with the details or dispute anything else in the article, just pointing out that is in error.

Several other points that I think make this a non-story:

A $400,000.00 fundraiser for a President didn't get you much in 2000. When Bush was governor, he once raised $13M in 6 weeks.

A lot of people gave $100k to the RNC. A couple of dozen people raised more than a $1M. I seriously doubt anyone promised this guy much of anything.

I know from experience that when a guy wins political office there are a lot of supporters that overinflate their importance and expect to be offered some kind of job or appointment. Most of these people end up disappointed.

Finally, who gives a rat's ass? It is an ambassadorship! It is the geopolitical equivalent of an apendix. In this day and age, we have things called telephones and airplanes which allow diplomats based in the states to conduct diplomacy abroad. All an ambassador does now is show up at parties and drink.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote