View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

So, Delonte's not a great 3-point marksman, but he is competent from long range, and I don't think you'll find anybody better from 18 feet with the mini-midlevel. Throw in that he's a seasoned and reliable backup point guard, and I think there's plenty to like about bringing him back.

Widening the scope a little, though, lets say Courtney Lee could be had for the same price. Am I tempted to trust in Booby at backup point and go that direction instead? Yes. Taller, more athletic, better 3 point shooter, has a natural position. Though I would really love to see Delonte stick with Dallas, cause I just like the guy so much. Maybe Dallas could get Delonte and Gerald Green? I don't know if that's realistic, but it'd secure the point guard position (even in the event of a trade), Gerald would address the need for shooting, and it'd make me happy.