View Single Post
Old 08-22-2004, 07:36 AM   #6
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future
Default RE:Artest/Croshere - Decreases Roster

*sigh*

look at the Mavs team <u>after the starting 5</u>. We have absolutely NO depth. A rookie PG?

The rook in question is Devin Harris.

The trade "brings in a SF/PF that won't have a problem coming off the bench" - True, Croshere should not have a problem coming off the bench considering he has done so over the course of his 7-year career. (Did I mention he's 30 next year?) His contract does not expire until 2007 at $9.5 million, making him the third highest paid player on the Mavs squad. Yeah, I wouldn't have a problem with coming off the bench either.

It's very good that you pointed out that the "4 (is) where we have NO reliable depth at the moment" But doesn't gaining Croshere as a backup 4 mean that we have a new, and equally large gaping hole at the 3? TAW played a whopping 0 games last year, and a total of 67 since the millenium. Wow.

I hope I've made a point, I do agree that the two dropped roster spots are a big positive but I'd love to see a less painful way of getting it down.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote