View Single Post
Old 08-29-2002, 10:30 PM   #30
KEVIN_NY

KEVIN_NY is on a distinguished road

Hi all, Congrats on the Germany's win over China. Dirk as usual showed he is a great player.

But I don't understand the comment of Ming's slow "mindspeed"? What the heck is that? a new measuring criteria of judging a young player? I understand he lacks experience, strength, etc. But "mindspeed"? When Dirk played not so magnificent four years ago in NBA and often seemed lost, would that also give us an impression of his slow "MINDSPEED"? So I guess mindspeed can be improved, isn't it? or is it just some thing very hard for amateurs like us to figure out from one game?

By the way, from the comments from the USA team members after that China-USA games, I got the impression that Ming is very well worth the #1 pick. #2 Jay Williams said "he blew my expection away", Paul Pierce said "He is the real deal", etc. George Karl talked about Ming and Wilt in one paragraph! It's not in one sentence [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but still, one paragraph from a veteran coach, it's pretty impressive.
KEVIN_NY is offline   Reply With Quote