View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #46
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Is there any way we could change the settings to make this league less AFL-like? I hate following individual defensive players, for one thing. I hate huge starting rosters for another, because they drastically reduce the options on the waiver wire. As I recall this league from last year, it was either draft and trade or draft and watch, because every decent player had been taken a long time ago.

Maybe we could vote and award a league winner at the conclusion of the draft? Because with twelve teams and so many roster slots, you might be looking at a guy like Isaiah Stanback if you want to make a move at WR.

Of course, not that this wouldn't be a shrewd and prudent move, but still...
Those are valid points, CD, and I'll say that if folks want it, I'll drop the IDP and I can also drop the bench spots from 6 to 2 to facilitate a bigger free agency pool , but the only additional change that I would consider beyond that would be to possibly change the active spots to drop one QB- and that's not a change I'm wild about, and it's one that I will only effect if a sizable number of managers let me know they want it, because I think that forcing folks to utilize two QB's makes folk's draft and bye-week management strategies very interesting, and it forces managers to very seriously weigh the +'s and -'s of some of the leagues crappier and younger quarterback's on a week to week basis- thereby making the game more challenging and engrossing...

So thusly, I'll wait a couple of days, and if nobody objects in this thread or via PM to me, I will drop the IDP and reduce the bench spots from 6 to 2 to expand the free agency pool.

Last edited by Evilmav2; 08-11-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote