View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #45
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
All comes down to what you are measuring. Talent or impact.

Nash is one of the top 100 players of all time. Terry isn't in th top 250, but Terry got us two finals appearances and a championship.

You measure talent and Nash is ahead by a mile. Measure impact and its a tight race.
It's not just impact with JET, though. It's the fact that, out of all the noteworthy players who've played with Dirk (Fin, Nash, Hardaway, Nick, Josh, Kidd, Trix, Tyson, Peja and Vince all come to mind), JET's the only one who was paired up with him - not just in the uniform or on the court, but at the heart of the team's go-to play and on-court identity - through all of the best years for both players, and he's the only one who was there with him through the highest and lowest points of his career. Was he the best that Dirk ever played with? Certainly not. And if you want to make a list based purely on the peak performance metric, I don't have any real problem with him being ranked below Fin, or Nash, or Kidd, or Trix, or even Tyson, all of whom at least arguably have had higher NBA ceilings. But taking everything into account, there's not a single Mav in the Dirk era, other than Dirk himself, who I'd rank above JET on my all-time Mavs list.