View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 12:28 PM   #10
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Why zone worked for a while vs PHO

I would have still liked to see Amare go against Damp one-on-one. In the few minutes Damp played, Amare was not nearly the brute force he became later in the game. I watched those few minutes over and over and there is no way Amare will push Damp around..actually he has having to pull him out away from the basket, which we all know is not Amare's game. Bradley will do well against most centers/dominant 4s in a zone so he deserves some real credit. Of course a zone is employed because your big cannot handle their big one-on-one...so in that sense, Bradley had much help guarding Amare with the quick double that the zone applies. All in all, the zone, with Bradley, looked good but would not have if the likes of Joe Johnson, Nash and Jacobson had gone nuts from three as is their usual habit so far this season. The zone can be used in spots against a team like the suns....but the ultimate up swing in having a defensive center who can play real man up defense is that you don't have to rely upon a zone which will leave the three open. Props to Bradley, and heres hoping we don't have to go zone too much this season against good shooting teams.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote