View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 05:53 PM   #34
Poindexter Einstein
Golden Member

Poindexter Einstein will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Why zone worked for a while vs PHO

Screw you, Murph. I dont buy your story, and you are jerkier than ever, the farther you take this. Should we believe that all of your errors (and there were SEVERAL, which you still dont acknowledge), that you said about Bradley/Stoudemire in the 4th were INTENTIONAL, because they all advanced your point? You better call yourself an intentional liar, if "an error that supports what you are saying" is intentional, by your definition. Were you lying your ass off there?

Now to what you other guys said - cause you want to talk about the point, that is under discussion ...

KG - you offer a good alternative to my point ... that Bradley could have done better if he had been removed when Stoudemire was ... that one is hard to validate either way, since Bradley couldnt stop Stoudemire in the 4th, got a rest, came back, and again was NOT able to stop him ... so was Stoudemire playing better, was Phoenix doing a better job of attacking, or what?

The inability to stop Stoudemire is certain ... my sense was that it was due to him being on the bench (which CERTAINLY stops him) and it seems that every combo (including Bradley/zone) didnt in the 4th ...

KING ... there is no question that Phoenix was better offensively in the 4th - but you get back to chicken and egg ... were they effective because Phoenix was doing a better job of attacking and utilizing Stoudemire, or because Dallas was unable to handle him? Either way, the end result is that no one stopped Stoudemire inside in the 4th ...15 points, mostly on point blank shots, is huge in a single quarter
Poindexter Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote