View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 06:03 PM   #36
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Why zone worked for a while vs PHO

Quote:
KG - you offer a good alternative to my point ... that Bradley could have done better if he had been removed when Stoudemire was ... that one is hard to validate either way, since Bradley couldnt stop Stoudemire in the 4th, got a rest, came back, and again was NOT able to stop him ... so was Stoudemire playing better, was Phoenix doing a better job of attacking, or what?

The inability to stop Stoudemire is certain ... my sense was that it was due to him being on the bench (which CERTAINLY stops him) and it seems that every combo (including Bradley/zone) didnt in the 4th ...
When Bradley and Amare were both fresh coming out of the locker room at halftime, Amare managed 2 points ( I believe ) while the two were in the game at the same time in the third.

While in the 4th when Amare came back in after a long rest while Bradley had been on the court since the beginning of the second half, Amare scored 4 points to Bradley's 2 points in the 2.5 minutes or so...

It's really difficult to say that Amare dominated at any point while Bradley was in the game. Judging from the stats and judging from what I saw during the game, it looked more like Bradley was dragging by the time Amare came back in the game.

The stats and what I saw show that Amare dominated everyone other than Bradley and Dampier. So, it doesn't seem like too much of a leap of faith to believe that a rest for Bradley at some point while Amare was out of the game could have had a significant positive impact down the stretch in the 4th.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote