View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 06:06 PM   #37
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Why zone worked for a while vs PHO

Quote:
Originally posted by: Poindexter Einstein
KG - you offer a good alternative to my point ... that Bradley could have done better if he had been removed when Stoudemire was ... that one is hard to validate either way, since Bradley couldnt stop Stoudemire in the 4th, got a rest, came back, and again was NOT able to stop him ... so was Stoudemire playing better, was Phoenix doing a better job of attacking, or what?
If my recall is correct (feel free to nitpick me if I'm wrong), Stoudemire scored a couple of hoops when he came back in to start the 4th, and then when Shawn came back in he may have scored one more hoop and a FT or two, but it seemed to me that the bulk of his damage was done when Shawn went out and Henderson was guarding him. Also, it seemed to me that Shawn was tired as the 4th quarter started. I guess my main point is that if Shawn had been rested near the end of the third and/or to start the 4th, he MIGHT have been better able to deter Stoudemire in the 4th quarter. I don't know that, that's just my perception.

Quote:
The inability to stop Stoudemire is certain ... my sense was that it was due to him being on the bench (which CERTAINLY stops him) and it seems that every combo (including Bradley/zone) didnt in the 4th ...
He was big-time in the 4th, one way or the other. That said, if we can use our centers more effectively against him next time (and have people healthy, certainly), I think we'll handle the Suns pretty easily. They're not a deep team and they really can't protect the rim if you attack them often enough. But that's another subject.