View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 11:12 AM   #11
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Questionable three way - Dal/LA/Sac

Quote:
I don't know why everybody wants peja and kobe together? If kobe was unselfish and dished to him out of a double team, peja will score a 100 points a game. All form 3s. But never rely on kobe to be a good team player.
I don't know that people want Kobe and Peja together. It was just my connecting the dots. Vlade wants Peja in LA.... that is well documented that he has tried to get Peja to LA. Peja wasn't happy in Sac -- at least not with Webber in town (I know he is gone now). IMO. Phil will be looking for that "Scottie Pippen" type player to run with Kobe. Peja seems like he might be able to be that sidekick, since he has seemed to have a problem being "the guy".

If Kobe really does want to be "better than Jordan" -- who would be a better "Pippen" than Peja?

And you are probably correct in the Odom line -- he probably wouldn't be happy as a non-starter --- but the same was said of KVH, Stackhouse, Jamison, NVE , and all of them seemed to do fine. Yes, he plays his best as a 3, but only because most 3's aren't his size. All of that gets really jumbled with lineups though. IMO, you have Bigs, Smalls, and PG's. Take for example the Sun-SA series. TD is the PF for SA, but on D he usually took Hunter (Sun C) and Nazr took Amare (vice versa on the other end)-- so they didn't really match 5-5 and 4-4, but Bigs guarded Bigs, and smalls guarded smalls.
<edit>
Ok, Grand boought to my attention that PF might be his preferred position to SF. If Dallas had a PF like Odom, would teams be forced to play Dirk with a C then?
Who would guard whom with a KVH, Dirk, and Odom all on the floor.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote