View Single Post
Old 03-31-2021, 09:22 PM   #34
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post

The Mavs have still choked away way too many games this season, and there has been little improvement over last year's penchant for giving games away down the stretch. By signing Reddick, RC will have yet another vet on the floor in crunch time, and that means, hopefully, 1 less player choking or making a boneheaded mistake that costs them a game.

In a series, the Mavs prior to the Reddick trade were really fighting an uphill battle because between the inconsistencies of THJ and poor closings, the Mavs were more than likely going to give away at least 2 games in any series they played imo. Now, with Reddick, I think they have potentially cut that in half, so if Luka and/or KP have really solid games, they will have a better chance to close out with a win with Reddick on the floor with them. Yes, I understand that he's a defensive liability, but RC has always been an "outscore them" kind of coach imo. You can debate whether or not that's by design or necessity. It really doesn't matter. It is what it is.

In the short-term, while Reddick can potentially help the Mavs, it really does nothing for the long-term. Let's say the Mavs win a first round series this year. That will be fun, and then we'll be inundated with the exceeding expectations talk and how we are building towards the future. I'm not so sure I agree with that. Basically, Reddick hopefully puts a plug in the big "choke" hole that way too frequently for my tastes costs the Mavs wins, but he's an aging veteran who is not exactly a building block for a team with future championship aspirations. This still leaves us with rookies who get very little playing time and backup calibre players still starting, and the clock is ticking with regard to how much time the MBT has to successfully address the team's shortcomings,.

After watching this 4th qtr tonight

I've changed my mind on Redick (you were right)

This team might just need his experience for the last 5 minutes of games.

When you see crap like tonight's 4th qtr always rear their ugly head it maybe best to have a vet out there who won't do dumb stuff.

Someone who just maintains composure and understand time and possession matters in the 4th qtr's.

Seems like our guys don't value possessions sometimes late in games they make an terrible pass, dribble for 25 seconds or take a 3-pt shot without even swinging the ball from darn near half court.

Maybe Redick would provide a security blanket for some of these guys.
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote