View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 03:49 PM   #9
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
So I have a different view of DFS....watching this series I watched Kawhi cook him especially in the last few games. Which is to be expected he's a star. So to me having just one defensive guy out there doesn't serve many good.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to keep him. He's cheap and hell I'm coming to grips he may be our 2nd best player on the team sadly.

But that's exactly why I think he'd have some value is his contract.
I mean, if Beal wants out and Dallas is his first choice and Washington wants to do him a solid as he’s played the good soldier there, then I’d include DFS along with KP, Brunson and whatever picks we can throw their way for Beal. A lot has to go right for that to happen though.

I think if anything we extend DFS ahead of time. Guys with his skill set are some of the toughest to find. Every team needs them. Royce O’Neal, who I think of as a slightly lesser DFS got a 9m or so early extension from Utah. I think Dodo gets the 11m or whatever he’s entitled too if we don’t include him in a trade for a second star.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote