View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 07:50 AM   #32
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He may or may not have more potential but you're overlooking the fact that Devin been a productive player on good teams. Green has to get to Devin's level before we start talking about the next level.

Not a knock on Green though. I've been intrigued with him since his Gulf Shores team came to Dallas to play Darell Arthur and S.O.C. I thought he looked like a McGrady clone and was surprised that he dropped so far in the draft.

What I didn't realize before seeing him in a Mavs uniform is how fast he is. He's probably as quick as any player in the league his height. Like Devin he just needs to learn how to harness it.
Not necessarily. Devin Harris is going to be a 15-17 point, 6-7 assist guy. That is is his max. He is already displaying it in New Jersey. And he is 25-26. It isn't like he has untapped potential.

Green at least he has a higher ceiling. And his age is deceptive. He came straight out of high school and has gotten no coaching at any level. Unlike Harris who had a year or two in college. And the Mavs have to have that. Dirk aint going to be here forever. They need a bonafide star from somewhere. Devin Harris was never going to be that. (Green may neither as well.) But the glimmer is there. With Harris there was none.

Last edited by Bayliss; 11-03-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote