View Single Post
Old 07-05-2015, 06:18 PM   #905
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Deadspin rules.

Quote:
http://deadspin.com/the-lakers-reall...ldr-1715251663

The Lakers Really Boned Themselves Out Of LaMarcus Aldridge
Tom Ley
Filed to: lolakers 7/01/15 5:11pm

The Lakers Really Boned Themselves Out Of LaMarcus Aldridge

At the start of the day, the Los Angeles Lakers were feeling pretty good about their chances at signing free-agent forward LaMarcus Aldridge. They were even the first team on his meeting schedule! Of course, that meeting didn’t go as well as they thought it did, and now we’re starting to hear why.

Mike Bresnahan

@Mike_Bresnahan

LaMarcus Aldridge will not be joining the Lakers, The Times has learned. They were a 50-50 choice but he disliked bball part of presentation
3:35 PM - 1 Jul 2015

Mike Bresnahan

@Mike_Bresnahan

Aldridge was floored in a good way by Houston's analytics, on-court projections in their presentation. Not so with the Lakers.
3:37 PM - 1 Jul 2015

Mike Bresnahan

@Mike_Bresnahan

More LMA: He and Kobe didn't quite gel. It's a little vague, but Aldridge apparently didn't quite get answers from Kobe he was seeking.
3:38 PM - 1 Jul 2015

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA

As @Mike_Bresnahan says, Aldridge felt too much of Lakers presentation focused on outside opportunities; wanted clearer, better b-ball focus

Ramona Shelburne

@ramonashelburne

Another fun update from the Lakers pitch to LaMarcus. Hear there was a killer Power Point
2:05 AM - 1 Jul 2015

Mike BresnahanVerified account
‏@Mike_Bresnahan

Execs from AEG and TWC SportsNet will also be at the LaMarcus pitch, as will Laker VPs Tim Harris (biz) and John Black (publicity).

So this is how I know imagine that meeting going:

LaMarcus Aldridge: “So how do you guys see me fitting into the offense?”

Jim Buss: “LaMarcus, baby, we’ll make you a star here! You can be in movies! Don’t you want to be in movies? How about an episode of Ballers?”

Byron Scott: “Don’t you think basketball was more fun when every game was 82-79? Three-pointers are stupid!!!!!! What’s an iPad??”

Kobe Bryant: “Come play with me and I’ll teach you how to be a winner, and not so much of the spineless piece-of-shit coward that I can tell you are just by looking at your stupid fuckboy face.”

[LaMarcus Aldridge leaves]

Good job, Lakers.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 07-05-2015 at 06:45 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote