View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 02:07 AM   #27
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
.. except, I guess, Tsonga.

.. except he lost to Tsonga instead.
I said he can beat anyone not that he would every time. would be pretty boring, no? (a little Nadal refrence here, those who have heard him speak english know what I mean).

And by the way. When they met at last years US Open Nadal destroyed Tsonga 7-5, 6-1, 6-2 or something like that. What you can get from that is that Nadal probably didn´t have his best day on thursday and he might easily beat Tsonga the next time they meet.

Tsonga is a nice story. I like the guy. Nadal would have lost on thursday even if he brought his A game, cause Tsonga was in the zone. And yes he got destroyed, but I said that doesn´t happen if he brings at least his B game. Against Tsonga it was probably not better than a D+.

I think this tournament is great for Tennis. Finally a major with no Federer and no Nadal in the finals. I hope Tsonga wins the final. But predicting games that involve him is really hard. He has played against most of the top 10 players once or twice or not at all, like against Djokovic. So it´s kinda hard to say how their games will match up. Tsonga is very agressive and Djokovic is a nice counter player which could be going for him, but the same can be said about Nadal and he still lost.

And five o, I don´t know abou the draw either. last year most of the time it was Nadal vs. Djokovic in the semis, but not allways if I remember correctly. I allways wondered about that too. there is really nothing about it on the internet either. i know how it works at tournaments here in germany, but I don´t think that translates to the major or masters events.

Last edited by Fidel; 01-27-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote