View Single Post
Old 02-27-2004, 04:13 PM   #22
NYCdog

NYCdog will become famous soon enoughNYCdog will become famous soon enough
Default RE:What if Kobe becomes a Spur?

This was brought up a while back on local sports radio here............

It has been suggested (not by me, some so-called expert) that Kobe could end up in Houston.............goes a lil something like this........If I remember correctly.

Steve Francis is a BYC player and that ends in August.......making it much more likely he wont be traded until then, making it easier for him to be traded. And note, by August when SF's BYC status ends, we will know if Kobe is headed to jail or will be aquitted of the charges and will play basketball next season.

Rockets also have a $7 million dollar trade exception which they will definitly use this offseason to better the team.

So it would be............Steve Franchise= $7 million dollar trade exception for Kobe.

It has been rumored that the luxury tax will be eliminated after this season........this was one issue that held the Rockets back form free spending like thy used to do in the late 90's. However, I dont know there current cap situation. And if remember correctly, I dont think it was all that pretty either. But there owner Les Alexander as we all know in the past, loves bringing big names to town, no matter how bad there situation was. He brought, Clyde Drexler, Charles Barkley, Scottie Pippen, almost had Damon Stoudamire etc..............will Kobe be added to the list? It kinda makes sense, so I can see this team added to this "Kobe sweepstakes" in the offseason.

BTW......Havent checked to see if that would work out on RealGM..............partly cause I can care less.

EDIT..............I dont care what anyone (poster or expert) says.........KOBE WILL BE A KNICK!!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
He's a showman. If the LA stage is not good enough for him, he will just look for a bigger stage. And the only place he can go from there is to play in the mecca of backetball, MSG as a Knick.