View Single Post
Old 10-26-2022, 09:26 AM   #111
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
But they overthink the big man position. It seems to be an ongoing issue now for 10+ years. Like starting Powell next to KP when KP is a fricken' 7'3 shot blocker.

Just seems like a bizarro trust issue. Trust that Wood can man the middle. Let him prove he isn't going to be a total liability on defense. Because starting a guy who is 6/4 over a guy who is 24/9 is just plain stupid.
Trust can only go so far. Wood has to show up on defense to earn that trust.

It's going to take some patience and figuring out who can plays better together and what that best 5 might be...but that being said, Wood is your 2nd best player and obviously (and historically albeit a small sample size) the best combo a net rating among 2 players on the court at the same time.

3 games in, everyone take a break. It was pretty obvious the Mavs didn't have their heads on right to start this one and dug a hole they managed to get out of, but not winning many games playing defense like that.

I suspect our known commodities to start picking up their play. Maxi is actually balling out for us on defense and effort with no one following suit. DFS has been quiet where we need him to be more of an enforcer, I'm locking your best dude down type. Then again, it would also help if he and Bullock could hit wide open 3s...

I think it ends up shaking out to be Luka/Dinwiddie/Bullock/DFS/Wood with THJ and either McGee or Maxi being the variable depending on matchups or how they end up shaking out these rotations.

I'm also going to guess they pull a Nelson Cruz/Orioles and promise the starting role to McGee only to eventually move him to DH/the bench where he thrives. McGee has been overrated here (myself included) in that he's an excellent role player and gives needed size, but does not have the other skills that necessitate starting. The guy can get his 15 mins off the bench.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote