View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #44
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
There were numerous articles that pointed out if the Yankees signed Crawford and Lee we would be screwed. Look it up

Like I said Thiggy - we are done. Anyone that says a guy that Ron Washington himself claimed to have bad technique just this past offseason to be a better defender than Hamilton doesn't warrant a response. Go ahead, pull out the RioobSM stat. He is not.
Well either these rankings are wrong or those articles are wrong. At least in the case of Crawford.

It does looks like Jeter, Werth and Rafael Soriano ended up with a higher ranking. To the situation you outlined is still in play, just not with Crawford.

And why are you bringing up the defense thing just to say you're done? I didn't mention anything about it in my last post.

But since you brought it up, I don't understand why you view it as such a ridiculous stance. It's not like Hamilton is the best defensive center fielder in baseball. He's a very good defender, but so is Borbon. If he weren't he wouldn't even be on the 25 man roster. Hell they gave Borbon a major league deal when they drafted him based on his ability to defend. He did have things to work on last season and early this season. He hadn't played very much professional baseball when he got to the team last season.

I've heard Gary Pettis talk about Borbon more than once this season and he holds his defense in very, very high regard. Players learn and get better.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote