View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #45
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well either these rankings are wrong or those articles are wrong. At least in the case of Crawford.

It does looks like Jeter, Werth and Rafael Soriano ended up with a higher ranking. To the situation you outlined is still in play, just not with Crawford.

And why are you bringing up the defense thing just to say you're done? I didn't mention anything about it in my last post.

But since you brought it up, I don't understand why you view it as such a ridiculous stance. It's not like Hamilton is the best defensive center fielder in baseball. He's a very good defender, but so is Borbon. If he weren't he wouldn't even be on the 25 man roster. Hell they gave Borbon a major league deal when they drafted him based on his ability to defend. He did have things to work on last season and early this season. He hadn't played very much professional baseball when he got to the team last season.

I've heard Gary Pettis talk about Borbon more than once this season and he holds his defense in very, very high regard. Players learn and get better.
Just not touching the defense thing anymore... You refuse to address what our manager said but want to bring out something Pettis said. You believe what you want, but yeah, I do believe that Hamilton is one of the absolute best defensive outfielders in the game. I do not believe that Borbon is. He is very good, but he is not on Hamilton's level when you factor in the things Hamilton brings (they both have very good range - hell Borbon likely even has him there - but Hamilton has a plus plus arm and makes the very difficult catch). You believe what you want and I will believe what I want. Like I said, we are done there.

Regarding that link, what I saw was in August/September and was on LSB and it definitely had Crawford ahead of Lee at that time. I don't know if that changes over a year or if they are just two different sources but he absolutely was ahead of Lee earlier this year in something I read. Anyway, you know they are signing Jeter back, so would that equal us getting screwed if Lee chooses NY?

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-06-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote