View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:56 AM   #47
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Hamilton has more catches that look difficult than Borbon because Borbon's speed and reaction time gets him to more balls without having to dive. That's my take on it, anyway. Regardless, I don't think it's a ridiculous stance to say Hamilton is better defensively. They're both quite good. I was just surprised at the reaction to my assessment. I think it's too close to call either stance ridiculous. Oh, and I would definitely take Pettis' evaluation of defensive ability over Wash's.

Any rankings in August/September would have been speculation, and yes they do change as the year goes on, as they're based on the stats for the year. And no, signing your own free agent doesn't figure into any of this compensatory pick discussion.
That is not my stance on it. Borbon made the catches he could get to and let the ones he didn't think he could bounce or go over his head instead of reach out for them and dive. But again, you have your take and I will have mine. All I know is that Hamilton wasn't called out before the year started for poor defense by a manager that, while infield, was a defensive-minded coach.

Nice to know about Jeter. Hopefully they don't sign Werth or Soriano (Werth is possible but I doubt they decide to kill the Rivera era and go younger).

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-06-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote