View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #66
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Yeah I saw that. I have a hard time believing it. I mean Martinez probably couldn't even stay at catcher all the way through a four year contract.

But who knows, maybe they're willing to sacrifice that much defense for his offense.

Or maybe they want him to move between 1B, DH and catcher, rather than play catcher exclusively. That I could get on board with.
I thought you believed everything you read in articles.......

Based on the catcher stats you probably caught as well over at LSB, he is average in every category except throwing guys out (he is one of the worst in the league there).

I could definitely be on board with him, even as a full time catcher. The extra number of stolen bases (which is pretty much the only area he dings our defense) would hurt us far less than his bat would hurt our opponents.

Sure, a guy like Buck would be a better bet due to him both improving your offense and defense, but Martinez is definitely the better guy at the plate.