View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 07:52 AM   #76
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Yeah I saw that. I have a hard time believing it. I mean Martinez probably couldn't even stay at catcher all the way through a four year contract.

But who knows, maybe they're willing to sacrifice that much defense for his offense.

Or maybe they want him to move between 1B, DH and catcher, rather than play catcher exclusively. That I could get on board with.
I hate the idea of signing V-Mart for anywhere near what he will get. Hes an average ish first basemen when you factor in his defense if he plays there and he simply cant catch. Couple those things with the fact I dont see him signing for around 4/48 and i just dont have any interest.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote