View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #78
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I would be much much more inclined to listen to Gary Pettis' views on outfield defense than Wash's. Now if were talking infield defense, Wash is one of the better guys in baseball to talk about that.
Come on 5-0... When Wash said that Pettis' quote was no where around. Want to look that up? I know I can find Wash's comments somewhere in the archives. You can say all day long that you would rather listen to Pettis' comments but they both know their shit. Do you really think someone that has been in the game as long as Washington can't judge an outfielder's ability to track down fly balls? I am not saying he didn't have good nerd stats and I am not saying that he wasn't a good defensive CF (keep in mind that I pointed out that those comments were at the BEGINNING of the 2010 season - in training camp and even before that). But don't make Washington out to be, well, you regarding his mental knowledge of the game just because he coached infield defense in the past.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-17-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote