Thread: Jeremy Lin....
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #491
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
So CBS and USA today are "random"? C'mon, man...

Okay, so YOU haven't seen people saying it. I HAVE. So really, I guess we're seeing different things. I too follow various writers, anchors, commentators, fans, boards, etc. And what I've been seeing is a lot of non-objective, singular praise.
I said the local CBS writer was random. Which he is. Ever heard of the guy before you Googled for that link?

I never said USA Today was random - i said they are not a respected opinion on sports, which is absolutely true.

I have seen lots of praise, I've never denied that. However, I have not seen anyone claiming the guy to be a future all-star caliber player (which, by the way, is different than the articles you linked, which were calling for Lin on the all-star team for popularity/ratings reasons).

Now, if he remains in the NBA in any capacity in the future, he probably will make the all-star team, based solely on international voting - and that will be a travesty.