View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 11:40 PM   #101
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
In Carlisle's system...can they? Remember them turning Kidd into a 3 point set shooter. Others have also failed when lacking shooting ability. That was a big problem with Rondo, too. Ruined floor spacing.
I agree that Rondo's shooting was a problem, but I also think if we would have kept him while adding Wes as his backcourt mate, his shooting struggles would have been negated to a degree. But I also don't see Rondo and Rubio as being that similar. One is an extremely selfish, flighty, moody guy that you often don't get 100% effort from. The other is a guy who always plays hard, is consistently productive, is a +/- wunderkind (despite how some may feel about that metric in a vacuum, I think it does have value) and is good at absolutely everything except shooting. Rubio plays the right way and Rondo does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
You might, but would Carlisle? He seemed to try with Rondo...but it also seemed to be a problem in his system.
I think Rondo's attitude (and fit next to Ellis) were 98% of the reason he's no longer here. His shooting is the rest.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote