View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #500
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I wish we knew how it really was with him. You can assume anything you like based on blurry pictures or whatever, but I'd sure like to know what the real deal is from somebody who knows. I wonder if he still goofs around with them in the locker room...if they're friendly at all...or if he's a huge malcontent a la 'Sean Avery' and he is becoming a cancer?...or maybe everything is fine behind the scenes and he's just upset that he can't be out there with them... I don't think anyone knows any of these things for sure, but it sure would be nice if someone who's there every day could snitch and tell us.
Well said, and, like Underdog mentioned, we will get some sort of an answer until February, if a reasonable trade opportunity presents itself.

It's difficult to judge Josh's standing from an outside perspective, yet it probably wouldn't surprise anyone, if his "extracurricular activities" and recent showings on the court left no one excited.

It has been said for quite some time that the Mavs are lacking a true shooting guard or center with offensive qualities, but personally I would like us to just trade Josh for a good and more reliable player and see if another nice addition could be realized, e.g. by using Stack's contract and Bass.

Josh is (was) supposed to be our second-best player, our version of Paul Pierce or Pau Gasol. He hasn't been close to playing like that for the last 12 months, he's not even on the court when it counts.

I don't have a lot of confidence that he will ever get back to where he was as a player for us. He might turn into the old Josh on another team after a trade, but I'd be willing to take that risk and try something new.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote