View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #12
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat View Post
i think left tackle is THE biggest need of all of them. There are a few solid ones coming out in the draft this year, so that's a good thing. do not move Big to RT...he plays inside for a reason. leave him where he is. you're stronger at RT than you are at RG. If they get a future replacement for Flozell and keep Free at RT, I don't see Colombo beating him out for the job in training camp...<snip>
---------------------------------------------------------
could also use a future FS to replace hamlin in a year or two. i'll never be sold on hamlin having that position locked up. i think sensabaugh made more plays from the FS position this year than hamlin did (sensabaugh playing in the nickel, etc).

a young wide receiver should be drafted in the second or third round, although i'd be surprised given jerry's views on receivers at the top of a draft.

lastly, another inside LB. i think jason williams will be pretty solid when he gets it going, but if we can get rid of carpenter and replace him, i'm all for it.
<snip>
Free is a LT. He is athletic enough to protect the backside. I am not sure if he is strong enough yet though. Adams problems right now is that his feet are getting slower against the excellent speed rushers. Players like Allen from the Vikings are quick and strong....Flo didn't have a big issue because Allen didn't have elite speed, Free did because Allen was just flat stronger than he was.

I expect Free to move permanently to the left side shortly. Columbo was the best offensive lineman they had until his injury, and while Free was a good replacement, he is no where near the mauler that Columbo is when healthy. Free and Columbo I expect to be the bookends for several more years -- and Dallas will be fine with them there -- depending on injury.

Dallas really needs a stretch the field WR, and a ball hawking FS. Another linebacker would definitely help as well.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote