View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 04:50 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: G.O.P. Right Is Splintered on Schiavo Intervention

Birch went on to scold President Bush and Congress for their attempts to intervene in the judicial process, by saying: ``In resolving the Schiavo controversy, it is my judgment that, despite sincere and altruistic motivation, the legislative and executive branches of our government have acted in a manner demonstrably at odds with our Founding Fathers' blueprint for the governance of a free people -- our Constitution.''

--- Why is this a bad thing when a convicted killer gets federal review? Why is it the purview of the federal couts to decide NOT to explicitly do a re-review of the facts of this case when our elected representatives decide that it is something that needs doing?

I feel much better now knowing that it is now constitutional for the state to put my daugther/son to death if their husband/wife who has moved in with another person for 10 years or so and had fun babies decides she doesn't want to live anymore over my objections and willingness to take care of them. And that I have no recourse in a higher court to address the matter. Much better.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote