View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 08:54 AM   #10
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: G.O.P. Right Is Splintered on Schiavo Intervention

How can you so completely discount the personal life of the husband in this instance when the sole reason he has any say in this is because of his marriage to teri (and legal rights thereof) yet for all intents and purposes his marriage ended many years ago and he is basically in a common-law marriage, with children, with another woman. It seems that in THIS case his personal life has nothing to do with the court decisions and that to me is the court deciding they don't want to take the whole of the matter in hand, like they do for almost every other decision they make.

As you know the review of her case has been on appeal and whether the case was adjudicated properly. There has been NO instance where the facts of the case were re-reviewed which is what the congress had asked for, the courts decided on their own to ignore that request.

And it IS his decisions about continuing with her feeding, he is the only reason she is being starved to death, because he is pushing for the state to kill her, all the while it seems refusing to let other tests to be run to prove without a shadow of a doubt.

Don't you have the least bit of issue with someone being put to death against the wishes of family members who have stepped up to provide her care after a CAT test 9 years ago or so was taken? Wouldn't you maybe want to re-vamp some of these tests in light of either new technology or just a double-check?

I would, judges don't think so I guess. Only in this case have I seen a court so unyielding when making an irreversible decision.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote