View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future
Default Weight Loss Thread!

Murphy did something like this with his running back a few months ago, for accountability, and I thought I (along with anyone else) may want to try it, as well.

For most of my life I've struggled with my weight. Both my parents worked full-time and we rarely got to eat healthily (lots and lots of fast food). This led to not really wanting to exercise, and it didn't take very long for me to put on the pounds. I graduated high school at about 220 pounds (I'm about 5'8", fwiw - yeah, I know). A trip to Europe and an ensuing trip to college had the opposite effect of the stereotype, though, and I lost lots and lots of weight from walking around campus and eating cafeteria food that was so much better than what I had been eating. From May 2006 to February 2007 I lost 40 pounds without actively doing a thing, and by February 2008 I was at 168 pounds, which is still technically overweight but lighter than I had been since early high school.

Maintaining that general weight for three years, when I started work in January I stopped watching what I was eating and found myself back up to 186 pounds. Last week it kind of dawned on me what was going on and I had to stop myself.

So, I'm doing a calorie counting regimen using the Lose It app on the iPhone and, oddly enough, the Chipotle diet. Today marks one week on it, and I'm down three pounds to 183. Yes, this consists of eating Chipotle for virtually every meal. Burrito bowls and salads, no sour cream or cheese, and rarely rice. Once a week rewarding yourself with a yummy burrito. It's very easy to count calories there because you're building your own meal, and you're getting very fresh food. My lunch is usually a salad with pinto beans, chicken, extra fajita veggies, pico, medium salsa, lettuce, and guacamole. 600 calories, full of nutrients, and absolutely delicious. I hope to do this along with cardio for thirty minutes four times a week.

My goal is two pounds a week (which I surpassed the first week, for some reason), which will leave me at about 160 by the beginning of October. This time, though, when I get to that range, I plan on actually getting in shape to make myself stay that way more permanently.

So, this thread is for accountability, tracking, all that jazz. If anyone else wants to do it, too (I suppose not just for weight loss, but anything), let's do it. I want to slay this demon.

7/5/11: 185.9 lbs
7/12/11: 183.0 lbs