View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #38
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk View Post
OD,

Sorry, I can't address your whole post right now (have family coming in tonight), but I do want to ask a couple of questions before I spend time on a response.

What "stabilizing muscles" are you referring to that a squat does not address?

Would you please describe the "old school" squat to the best of your ability given the experience you have?

Answering these two questions would clear up any conclusions I might draw from your statement.
Apologies on my part for any confusion. I tried to clarify in my follow-up post above but happy to do so again here.

The sentence you quoted was the product of two unfinished thoughts, the first being that "muscle confusion" exercises are an extension, an evolved offspring if you will, of traditional compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts, etc. The stated (and, based on experience, achieved) goals of both are similar if not identical, and I find that criticizing one is akin to criticizing the other.

The second part of the sentence was meant to discuss the notable difference between compound and isolation exercises as a contrast to the parallels between "muscle confusion" and compound exercises.

Hope all went well with the fam.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote