View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 08:42 PM   #203
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I certainly think that would be the best scenario for us but I'd think both will get max deals that we probably won't be able to give.

The more I think about it the more I think he'll be going to the Magic.
There he will be the face of the franchise, here he will be on Dirk and Cuban's team. He will also be home, in Florida, on a young team, with a lot of upside with the ability to start a super team.
He will also most likely be able to name his coach.

Think 2 or 3 years from now....where will the Mavs be?.....where will Orlando be?

Unless we get through a few rounds of the POs I'd say there's a better chance of him going to the Magic than staying here.
One thing to remember is that the Mavs have shown they can field a competitive team year in and year out and also know how how to win a Championship. Something the Magic can't claim and I'm sure Cuban will remind CP when they sit down and talk. Dirk only has 1-2 more seasons, so it could/will be Parsons' team if he is willing to be patient. Even if Parsons is the better player (which now he is) this will always be Dirk's team as long as he keeps donning a Mavs jersey.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote