View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #205
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
One thing to remember is that the Mavs have shown they can field a competitive team year in and year out and also know how how to win a Championship. Something the Magic can't claim and I'm sure Cuban will remind CP when they sit down and talk. Dirk only has 1-2 more seasons, so it could/will be Parsons' team if he is willing to be patient. Even if Parsons is the better player (which now he is) this will always be Dirk's team as long as he keeps donning a Mavs jersey.
You are sort of making my point....it is and will be Dirk's team for at least half of Parsons' contract. Then DWill and Zaza will be in their mid-30s so we'll be virtually in rebuild mode when Parsons is 29.
Doesn't sound very attractive to me if I have to choose between that and leading a team with a roster full of players predominately in my age group and younger the first year of my contract. Not to mention an organization that can sign another max contract (most likely someone in their mid to late 20s) and has a lotto pick in their pocket. And it doesn't hurt Orlando's cause that he is from that area.

I'm sorry but I don't see Cuban winning on a sale of us being competitive year after year. Competitive is a relative term and just making the POs isn't being competitive in some eyes. That pitch might have worked 4 or 5 years ago but not so much now....if at all.

Last edited by rimrocker; 03-02-2016 at 10:38 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote