View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 11:57 PM   #206
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Just making the points as to why I think he'll strongly consider them over us.
The entire conversation of resigning Parsons is getting ahead of ourselves if you want to look at it like that.

This is a really old team and when we keep bringing in 30+ yo guys (DWill, Zaza, VC, Amare, Lee, Odom, etc...) to save our season and to play with an aging former Superstar it's hard for me to think our situation will be more attractive than what Orlando can offer a 27yo who has aspirations of leading a team.

If we don't perform well in the POs and are virtually bringing back the same team but 1 year older, I don't see that as very appealing when younger teams with more attractive situations are options.

Perhaps Parsons is more comfortable leading vets, and we can only hope he is, but we are fooling ourselves if we think Cuban has created an attractive situation/environment/culture for a young rising star to stick around.
It may hinge on whether we can lure another "star". Howard, Horford, Whiteside, Conley. Or someone in trade. Though that seems less likely given the cap space most teams will have, less salary dumps.

We should have room for Parsons, Max player X and most likely a point guard(Deron?)and backup Center with full taxpayers MLE and other exceptions.

Powell and Anderson back up 4 and 2/3 spots respectively.

Can we go over the cap to re-sign Powell?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote