View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #212
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Hey Bryan good stuff. I think CP cap hold will be closer to 20 though. Isn't it 130%?
Same with Dirkor any others not renounced.. Speaking of, Dirk will probably be asked to take a pay cut YET AGAIN for the betterment of this team due to cap mismanagement.

Assuming he would come here Whiteside over Howard would presumably save some $.
Maybe CP re-signs quickly starting around 18per? Less than his cap hold and he made 16m he wouldn't have otherwise on that last deal. Even if he takes 3m less per year than his market he still comes out ahead. Dirk signs a one year 5- 6m deal? Would gain an additional 6m or so this way.

Unfortunately this is a terrible FA point guard crop and D-Will is gonna command somewhere around 12m. Loathe to be locked into that guy at that price for 4yrs but what's the alternative? They're almost better off with a one year stop gap, unless they truly believe that they're one dominant big away from contending. Get best available big this offseason and PG in 2017
Yeah I thought so too but when I went to spotrac and looked at his future cap hold it wasn't 130% so Idk, I thought it was as well. Idk if it changed is he denies a player option, if spotrac is wrong then yeah we have more like 10m after DH12 to fill out the roster in the example above. As for Dirk I don't think he opts out personally so I left his as is. He has said he intends to play out his contract and then decide after that if he wants to play more. So if he did opt out I think it would be to sign for less if anything.

I go back and forth with whiteside, he has nice individual stats but from what I read he is not great at helping his team in terms of defensive impact. Might be like McGee that he fails block out assignments for rebs or challenges shots for high block numbers at the expense of the team. Idk though because I only watch him kill us, I don't watch the Heat to have a real opinion. Cheaper options that keep being tossed around also include Noah as a reclamation, and then a serviceable backup. If Howard insists on more than 20 per I don't want him honestly. He just seems to be breaking down and with the NBA as a whole really going small it's just hard to pay a guy like that 20 unless he really still is dominant at protecting the paint. I'd prolly go for the Gasol or Noah route as a cheaper alternative. I also agree the pg market is absolutely terrible. It's rly only Dwill or a trade candidate IMO. I really don't want to overpay Conley and I don't want to go after restricted Clarkson.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote