View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #219
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Yeah I mean I think fans are fooling themselves thinking they will get better than Parsons. I'd also have to wonder why would Parsons even come back here at this point though. Unless you just offer him something he can't refuse which is possible.
To be honest, short of SAS/GSW/LAC or maybe a team like BOS/TOR clearing enough from the books to offer him a max deal, what incentive is there for him to leave? He's had a couple of years to entrench himself in this culture and on-court system and by all accounts, Carlisle and Cuban are deferring to him quite often. Doesn't mean Rick is always going to give him the green light or always close with him (and TBH, I think we can all say in retrospect that it's good that Parsons was eased in the way he was) but it sounds like he is as close to a de facto front office extension as there is in the league. With the Mavs being able to offer him the keys to the offense going forward AND the most money (factoring in taxes and our ability to give slightly higher salary than other teams with "max space" on their cap) I don't see why he'd leave. I do see a scenario where, if we don't call him literally the instant free agency starts, another team rolls out the red carpet for him and he bolts. I would expect he's going to be absolutely top priority for the front office this summer. If we don't re-sign him, it's because we didn't offer him everything we could... and that would really be a shame.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote